- We believe the Bible is the Word of God, and believe its message is true and relevant for daily life.
- We believe in the ONE true God as revealed in the Bible, a God in three persons -
Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that we were created to be in a perfect relationship with God.
- We believe everybody is guilty of sin whether intentionally done or not. Sin destroys our relationship with God.
- We believe Jesus died on the cross in our place so that our sins might be forgiven and our relationship with God restored. (This relationship is also known as "eternal life.")
- We believe the gift of eternal life cannot be earned or deserved in any way. It is a free gift from God through believing and trusting in His Son Jesus Christ.
- We believe the result of trusting in Jesus Christ alone for eternal life is peace with God.
- We believe in the astonishing claim that Jesus, who died on the cross, is risen and alive.
- We believe the Holy Spirit was sent to this world to convince us of the truth. He also comes to live powerfully within us, to change us, and to help us grow in our relationship with God.
- We believe that Jesus is coming back AGAIN.
Here you will find a place where you can experience LIFE and a place where you will feel right at HOME? You will experience a warm welcome, relevant teaching, and a blend of the great traditional hymns along with some of the more modern and contemporary praise songs. You’ll find real people, just like you, discovering an extraordinary God… TOGETHER!
Some Commonly Asked Questions...
Stevenston High Kirk is an evangelical church in the Reformed and Presbyterian traditions. Our Minister and many of the High Kirk Members are part of the Scottish Covenant Fellowship.
A fuller statement of our beliefs as a church can be found in the following documents: